It’s been a while since I posted, and I thought I should begin where I left off. So here’s the first part of my (later than) promised 7 Day Clean 9 Diet Plan. I’ll begin by saying that if you have a fussy eater on your hand then there is a really basic diet that most people can follow happily. It’s a bit repetitive but it will get you through the Clean 9 with a healthy balanced diet, and my son’s partner lost 11lbs on the Clean 9 following this plan. So here goes… Ready?
Everyday you have:
A Healthy Burger
- 1 Lean Burger (such as Venison, or Lamb is fine too) [139 calories]
- 1 Wholemeal pitta bread (to put the burger in) [137 calories]
- A little Salad (Ready picked & washed from the supermarket is fine) [25 calories]
- Half a tomato [10 calories]
A Bowl of Soup
I’ve found that the individual portions do Fruit Salad supermarketswww.apple.com sell are generally around 60 calories, Melon on it’s own weighs in at just under 50 calories (perfect to balance that fatty lamb burger!)
That’s a total of 493 calories! I always feel pretty well fed afterwards too.
Well with the fussy eaters menu out of the way, let’s get stuck into some fine dining, Clean 9 style! I’ll start by saying I like to make a large fruit salad on the evening of Day 3, it’ll keep pretty well in the fridge till day 7 and is a key component of this diet. If you wanted to you could just buy the ready packaged stuff from the supermarket. But if we’re going Fine Dining, may as well make it from scratch. I include 1 mugful of Fruit Salad as dessert with every meal and you won’t believe the difference it makes to your mood if you do too!
Day 1 and 2
This is easy, we don’t eat at all for day one or two, this helps our body to cleanse itself of the toxins that build up in our gut and get ready for a fresh start. This also gives the Aloe the optimum chance of working to rebalance our gut flora (bringing back the good bacteria)
Day 3 – Fresh Tuna Nicoise
Ingredients for 1
- 1 x 100 – 150g Yellowfin Tuna Steak [221 calories]
- 1 Chopped Fresh Tomato [25 calories]
- 50g Fresh Green Beans (a small handful) [20 calories]
- 125g New Potatoes (¼ bag) [95 calories]
- 2 Teaspoons Salad Dressing [50 calories]
- This packet of Fresh Rocket [4 calories]
- 100g Fresh Gazpacho (⅙ pot) [60 calories]
Total Basket Cost: £16.56 (but we’ll have 3 portions of potatoes, 5 portions of green beans, 2 portions of Gazpacho, and a load of tomatoes to use for the rest of the week!)
Preparation (25 minutes)
- Take your lovely new potatoes and cut them in half, I find about 8-10 is a good portion.
- Place them in a small pan of COLD water (about 1 Litre is a good size) with a good teaspoon of salt, place on a medium heat and bring to the boil till tender (poke them with a knife, if it goes through they’re done!)
- Place another pan the same size over a high heat with 2 teaspoons of salt & the same amount of water.
- Place a Frying pan on a high heat and leave well alone!
- If necessary top and tail your green beans, and chop your tomato into rough eighths
- When your potatoes are cooked and ready drain them, and place to one side in a colander covered with a tea towel… Now the fun begins!
- Your frying pan should be smoking, and the pan of water boiling by now so drop in your green beans
- Season your Tuna with salt and pepper and add a little oil (vegetable is good) to your frying pan. Quickly add the Tuna Loin (Larger Flat side down) into the pan, and leave alone till a good ½ inch of cooked flesh is obvious on the bottom side. (about 2 minutes)
- Flip over your Tuna Steaks and give the same time on the other side, and drain your green beans.
- Dress your Rocket by tossing it with the salad dressing
- Add your green beans, tomatoes and potatoes to the salad and arrange in the centre of the plate
- Take your Tuna out of the pan and slice into chunks (it should be a lovely pink in the middle and just hot to the touch in the centre), arrange on top of the Salad
- Spoon the Gazpacho over the top, or around the plate, or wherever you fancy really! It’s tasty and the bright vibrant red makes a nice contrast against the green salad.
I promise you, this will take 25 minutes if you work at it, and since you’re on the Clean 9 all that work in the kitchen counts as exercise!
So nows the perfect time to sit down and enjoy your Tuna Nicoise. Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 4’s menu – Chicken Chasseur with Garlic Roasted Potatoes.